I am finally joining the 21st century and it has literally taken me months to get this set up. Not because I am that computerly challenged (although I admit, it has been a factor) but because the time commitment to set it up has been intimidating. Nevertheless, things do get done--eventually...I am mostly doing this to keep in touch with friends and family that live so far away in an effort to share my life more often than a picture and a card at Christmastime. It seems that since Elijah was born I have hardly stopped twitching and my communication has all but ceased. So here we are--warts and all in the crazy little thing call life (or is it love?).
So much has happened already this summer, but we will only review July for now:
Picking raspberries is such a treat for all of the kids. (And it's fun to make treats with the raspberries.) It seems to be their escape from kitchen duty or going to bed at night. Friends also enjoy helping pick (and eat) the bounty. This is our pride and joy that we can actually grow something as I cannot even keep a tomato plant alive!
On with the summer: Our exchange student from Japan, Haruka, arrived just the day before the big girls went to California. The first night at dinner was hilarious (though Jared and I were the only ones laughing!). Our sweet student spoke very limited English and just as we anticipated Reese never stopped asking crazy questions with a loud raspy voice. "Do you like potatoes?" (We were eating tomatoes). "Did you bring your toothbrush?" Just to
name a few of the questions she threw out. Haruka either pretended not to hear or couldn't understand a lick of what she was saying (we have that problem too) so Reese just got more persistent. The funniest thing was Reese kept calling her Annika and it was several days later when we said Haruka's name that Reese, confused, asked, "Who is Haruka?" However, in her nearly 2 week stay in our home primarily being around Reese and Elijah she figured Reese out a little better and even played Polly Pockets with her!
The day after the girls arrived from California we hit the ground running--out the door to school that is! Emma learned to ride her two-wheeler this summer so what a thrill it was to ride her bike to school with big sister. Going from a half day of kindergarten to a full day as a first grader has been a hard adjustment for Emma, but she's getting there. Elijah is rather perplexed to see them go!
OK, Elijah is all boy. His first word was "ball" and he even reverts back to it when he wants something (we have to press him at times for the real word or for him to at least sign what he wants). He loves cars, he loves to make that car sound and he loves to poke people with anything pointy (even his finger!). But I must confess, he has a weakness that is undeniable--he cannot resist his sisters' dress up shoes (really though, he loves ALL shoes).
Finally, Jared and me. Poor Jared. He has spent the better part of the summer in a splint. Then he found out his broken wrist wasn't healing (it's the right one this time, folks!) so it required surgery and a screw in his wrist. Today he finally got his true BYU cast on and in 3 weeks he gets to see if it's finally healing (sorry, no picture). As many of you know, I LOVE a good deal. Well, here's my latest find that has kept me on a natural high for days now. Though, it is starting to wear off so I can't wait to get the next deal (my coupons are ready and so am I!).
This first deal was sweet. I spent $19.60 on it but then received a $10 coupon for my next in-store purchase. I sent in for a $10 rebate and with the price of the stamp, broke even. Let me put it another way: IT WAS FREE!
This next deal was pretty good too. Over 35 items for $11.35. Plus I got a coupon for a free french bread for doing a quick phone survey.

This first deal was sweet. I spent $19.60 on it but then received a $10 coupon for my next in-store purchase. I sent in for a $10 rebate and with the price of the stamp, broke even. Let me put it another way: IT WAS FREE!
This next deal was pretty good too. Over 35 items for $11.35. Plus I got a coupon for a free french bread for doing a quick phone survey.
6 comments:
woohoo! I didn't know you had a raspberry bush! Love the title!
(To delete the previous post, go under new post then edit post and then on the far right you can click to delete that post - good luck)!
What?! You had a blog and didn't tell us!!!? I found it while checking out Stacy Lynn's blog and I'm so excited!! Your family is so beautiful. Congrats on the raspberry bush!
Love the post - I'm so proud of you!!
I am so excited you have a blog, too! I have missed you and am looking forward to keeping in touch with you! I love the title of the blog! I am amazed at the bargin shopper you are! You have a beautiful family!
enjoyed your entry! i laughed so hard at the "Who's Haruka?" part.
glad to know your boy has a weakness for dress up shoes. i thought jeremiah had given up the habit but just the other day i saw him slip on claire's shiny ballet-type shoes, followed by an, "ooh, so pretty."
gotta love him!
rebecca
I want more :) Love you guys. Looking forward to Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment